G-TECH Services, Inc. Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Novi, Michigan
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for activities relating to the interpretation of product design requirements and specifications, and manufacturing design processes. The position requires the understanding of human/machine interfaces, safety standards and machine control systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Process and assembly planning and execution. Process Flow, PFMEA, control plan and work instruction development
· Planning, design concepts, evaluate, optimize, write specifications, follow-up with suppliers of light industrial equipment including: assembly facilities, warehousing, assembly lines for automotive components, assembly cells for automotive industry, assembly jigs and fixtures, gages for quality checks and torque equipment
· Meet deliverable in terms of quality, deadlines, cost efficiency and process capabilities
· Develop tooling and processes to handle tolerances specified
· Lean processes, continuous improvement, assembly time optimization, material and information flow optimization with minimal inventories
· Proactively and efficiently agree on deliverables, define requirements, and communicate progress with program teams and with remote functional experts based at the corporate location and in the plants
· Support program management and launch planning
· Facilitate launch planning and ensure smooth successful launch of a new manufacturing plant
· Supervise suppliers, document and optimize the execution of equipment and fixtures
· Develop and maintain departmental budgets
· Coordinate with Commercial Sales team to create quotes for new business
· Promote continuous staff development
o Identify the need for training within the department together with HR based on the yearly appraisal results vs job description as well as part of day to day operation
o Develop individual training / development plans to each individual direct report
o Promote establishing a career plan for key personnel together with HR
· Promote the culture of respect and application to organizational values
· Bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering
· Minimum 10+ years’ experience in transmission, engine, and/or powertrain manufacturing/assembly facility
· Lean Manufacturing and JIT production system implementation
· AutoCAD, automation, Vision system implementation, VA/ VE, Six Sigma Green Belt
· WHMIS, OHSA regulations, Pre-Start & H &Safety reviews, PFMEA, APQP, MTM-UAS
· Knowledge of material flow concepts, quality systems, tooling systems including GD and T are preferred.
· Requires a high level of communication with other engineers, maintenance technicians, and management and production operators.
· Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
Req ID JN -092020-114642