G-TECH Services, Inc. Plant EHS Environmental Professional - JLL101 in Perrysburg, Ohio
The Plant Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Environmental Professional position is responsible to implement and administer standardized EHS processes to ensure compliance to Federal, State, Provincial and Local regulations and Corporate Policies and Procedures. This position will help achieve world class status and impact corporate savings through the elimination of environmental impacts, occupational injuries/illnesses, property damage and improvement of production efficiency as well as safeguarding the health and safety of all employees. This specific position will focus on environmental compliance, World Class Manufacturing (WCM) environmental pillar activities, Environmental Management System (EMS 14001), and environmental improvement goals.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Implement EHS training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is identified and conducted.
· Conduct regular audits of EHS processes and necessary follow up to ensure compliance and advise plant leadership and corporate EHS staff of findings.
· Analyze environmental incidents, determine root causes, implement corrective action and communicate this information to plant leadership and corporate EHS.
· Support new equipment programs at the concept stage to ensure that EHS design specifications and regulations are included.
· Manage routine environmental reports, permit applications, inventories and surveys; including data acquisition, documentation, record keeping, monitoring, review, and approval.
· Coordinate communication of EHS regulatory inspection activity with plant leadership.
· Lead EHS projects to improve EHS key performance metrics.
· Support the implementation and maintenance of the plant’s environmental management system to meet EMS 14001 and WCM Environment Pillar requirements.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field.
· 3-5 years of experience in a related environmental role in an automotive manufacturing environment.
· Basic understanding of Federal, State, Provincial and Local Environmental regulations and requirements.
· Willingness to work on any shift and additional hours as required.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and/or other software.
· Strong understanding of Federal, State, Provincial and Local Environmental regulations and requirements.
· Familiarity with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
· Environmental related professional certifications (e.g. PE, CHMM)
Category Project Management
Function Information Technology
Req ID JN -092020-114584