G-TECH Services, Inc. HR Assistant Manager in Pontiac, Michigan
Summary of Job
Controls day to day Human Resource related matters and support the management to develop, implement and maintain the best human resource practices. Assist to create and maintain superior employee-oriented workplace with high performance and quality culture in order to satisfy the company’s strategic goals and regulatory compliance.
Duties and responsibilities
1) Participates in developing department goals, at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/develop-a-human-resources-department-business-plan-1918400 objectives, and systems.
2) Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
3) Controls HR systems in order to maintain accurate information in a timely manner. Maintains employee-related databases, and Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
4) Assists with the implementation of the performance management system at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/performance-management-process-checklist-1918852 that includes performance development plans at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/performance-development-planning-1916761 (PDPs) and employee development programs.
5) Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
6) Assist employment process including resume review, interview, onboarding support, and others.
7) Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-progressive-discipline-1918092 of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
8) Assists with the monitoring of the company wage and salary structure and the variable payroll and benefit related systems at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/variable-pay-and-benefits-for-employee-retention-1918287 within the company.
9) Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
10) Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/civil-rights-act-employment-1917922 (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/ada-employer-responsibilities-1918629 , the Family and Medical Leave Act at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/the-family-and-medical-leave-act-1918631 (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-is-the-u-s-department-of-labor-dol-1918578 , worker compensation at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/workers-compensation-1918294 , the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
11) Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
12) Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Tracks and posts OSHA-required data and files reports
13) Main contact of PEO.
14) Perform other HR related projects as required
Education & Language
1) Degree and major: Bachelor and equivalent degree in Human resources, business administration, Sociology, Psychology, Law and/or HR related field.
2) Language: English (Fluent). Korean and/or Spanish is plus.
• 35 years in Human resource field
Skills and requirements
• Excellent MS office skills (Must)
• Excellent Multitasking skills with ability to prioritize
• Excellent knowledge in HR practice and regulations
• System and data oriented approach
• Excellent verbal/writing communication skills.
Category Human Resources
Function HR / Benefits
Req ID JN -032019-111041