G-TECH Services, Inc. Machining Technician in Pontiac, Michigan
GPS Gear Center Technician (Pontiac, MI):
· Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
· Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
· Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
· Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
· Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
· Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
· Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
· Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; escalating issues.
· Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Assist Team Leader and Shift Leader with overall workflow through Gear Center.
· Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
· Perform pre-processing and end of line processing that includes part staging, washing, laser etching, packaging and basic inspection.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum 10 years machinist experience
Associate Degree in automotive technology or related field or equivalent experience & certifications
Ability to understand basic mechanical concepts
Ability to program and operate CNC equipment, Mills and Lathes and ability to learn Gear Hobbing, Grinding and Honing Machines.
Thorough understanding of math and mechanical engineering principles
Functional and Technical Skills
Ability to read engineering drawings
Analytical ability where problems are somewhat complex
Oral and written communication skills
High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
Knowledge of statistical methods
Proficient computer skills
Req ID JN -092021-116413