G-TECH Services, Inc. 2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor in Rancho Cucamonga, California
2 P.M. – 10:30 P.M.
Supervisor to manage / document / write up paperwork for Dangerous Goods and manage hourly, Union employees.
*Will need 49CFR certification for ground transportation. There is an on-line course they will need to complete for this certification – typically completed onsite during the first few days of employment at no cost to the employee.
Major Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Meet business objectives for department regarding: safety, quality productivity, responsiveness, etc.
· Counsel/Support hourly employees with needs/concerns as required
· Address performance behaviors; commend & reinforce those that are positives, discourage and discipline those that are negative
· Uses Quality Network problem solving process to address opportunities within area - engage work force for ideas
· Apply Workplace Organization (WPO) process to improve layouts and efficiency
· Perform daily Timekeeping System (TKS) updating to ensure accurate processing of payroll data
· Use A-3 reporting format to document problem solving activities and observe local A-3 guidelines
· Conduct daily huddle-up meeting to communicate business performance and have two-way discussion with employees
· Perform and document weekly safety observation tour of department
· Plan daily workload in advance
· Support colleagues to optimize shift performance
· Observe contractual requirements (National & Local)
· Enforce Shop Rules
· Perform daily SOP audit checks
· Advance skills through Individual Development Plan (IDP) process
· Keep General Supervisor Shop Committee apprised of all pending activities
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
· Knowledge of basic math
· Oral and written communications skills
· Understand of basic technology of area where assigned
· Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems
· Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
· Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
· Knowledge of quality control procedures
· Minimum 4 to 5 years of experience in the field
· High School graduate or equivalent training, plus additional training such as that acquired in the first one or two years of technical or business school
· Training in skilled trades area or equivalent technical training
Req ID JN -012023-119529