G-TECH Services, Inc. Warehouse Supervisor 3 in Reno, Nevada
The role of the Operations Supervisor is to lead a group of union employees that are responsible for picking, packing and moving automotive parts within the fast-paced environment of our processing centers and parts distribution centers to ensure parts are delivered to our customers with a high level of accuracy and timeliness. Operations Supervisors are required to make decisions within the limits of general standards and practices, with some direct guidance received from their supervisor.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Elicit output from a team of union employees through effective training, coaching, development and supervision.
• Be fully knowledgeable in the processes team members are required to performance and ensure team members are effectively performing job responsibilities utilizing standardized methods, as well as identifying opportunities for improvements using tools such as layered audits.
• Accountable for the achievement of all SPQRC key performance indicators.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety culture, performing safety checks as well as adherence to all safety guidelines before, during and after shifts.
• Responsible for implementing GMS and lean principles.
• Model GM’s cultural behaviors and demonstrate the highest levels of integrity at all times.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with employees, union and management.
• Responsible for workload distribution and time management of your team.
• Evaluate group quality/performance levels and ensure the group meets continuous improvement requirements.
• Maintain awareness to quality standards, communicate department quality goals, and leverage resources to solve quality problems.
• Communicate between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
• Understand and consistently administer national and local agreements; participate in the local labor relations activities.
• Provide input to payroll/timekeeping systems and perform other administrative tasks as required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
• Relevant degree (such as supply chain, manufacturing operations or leadership) or comparable experience, i.e. at least 2 years’ previous experience directly or indirectly leading a team in a processing/distribution center or manufacturing environment.
• Experience of working as part of a team and collaborating with others to achieve goals.
• An ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and make critical decisions dealing with a variety of issues quickly and effectively.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely with team members, peers and leadership. The managerial courage to speak up about challenges as well as provide appropriate feedback on a regular basis.
• Able and willing to dive into the business and learn new skills and processes and quickly adapt to changes.
• Ability to use IT systems to manage, organize, analyze, interpret and/or present data to make navigate problems and make decisions.
• High level interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, motivate employees and elicit work output.
• Ability to act with integrity continuously and adhere to policies and procedures relating to health and safety, quality management, job requirements and union contracts.
• The role requires a strong work ethic and excellent attendance / timekeeping, as well as conducting and presenting yourself in professional and business-like manner at all times.
• Flexibility to work different shifts as required and to work beyond your designated shift as required (where relevant shift premiums and overtime pay apply).
• At least 2 years’ previous experience of supervising a team (ideally within a unionized environment), with the ability to inspire and motivate others to high performance.
• Experience with standard Warehouse Management Software, MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access), Kronos.
• Experience in conflict resolution.
• Knowledge of quality control procedures.
Monday - Friday
3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Req ID JN -072020-114332