G-TECH Services, Inc. Test Engineer in Roush 9, Michigan
• Single point of contact for the test organization and the feature owner, engineering team, and supplier • Manage the test project for the assigned features including integration/definition, scope/coverage, time, communications, and risk • Develop and negotiate the testing scope and statement of work • Support the tradeoff analysis of test requirements vs test environment capabilities to define test scope and instrumentation strategies • Analyze requirements, vehicle components electrical schematics, functional specifications, and FMEA documentation • Design, maintain and execute test procedures in alignment with test design guidelines and strategy • Document test environment, automation, and vehicle variant management requirements • Implement and validate test environment, automation, and vehicle variant management solutions • Develop test procedures to validate the test environment (intake tests) • Analyze test execution results to generate reports, document incidents, and drive them to resolution • Troubleshoot vehicle systems and test environment functionality to minimize false positive incident reports • Implement continuous improvement strategies for test design, management, and execution processes
• Experience with HiL Hardware in the Loop Hardware & software tool chain. (NI/dSpace) • Knowledge of CANalyzer and vehicle logging & diagnostic (DET) tools, issue management systems (JIRA, DOORS etc.). • MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, SharePoint, OneNote, Access etc.) proficiency required • Ability to handle sophisticated tasks and complicated situations under compressed timing • Outstanding planning, organizational and project management skills with accurate follow-up to accomplish multiple objectives •• Ability to build strong effective relationships with multi-functional teams (Program, Studio, * Purchasing, Core Body Engineering, VE, VI, VO, VEV) and to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
• Effective communication: Clear and concise spoken and written communication skills are critical for this position since the engineer is responsible for gathering engineering requirements, negotiating during tradeoff analysis and documenting testing solutions • Project management skills, well organized, and able to manage multiple tasks: The engineer needs to work on multiple interrelated projects but with different and sometimes conflicting requirements • Interpersonal skills (Networking, negotiation, and tolerance): Required to work with cross functional, multiregional, internal and external teams that can have different priorities • Ability to manage urgent situations and manage priorities • Tolerance to ambiguity and dealing with complex engineering problems • Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision and limited information
• 2+ Years of experience in automotive software development or validations. • 2+ Years of experience in software development life cycle or Agile process experience. • 2+ Years of experience utilizing software testing or quality assurance methodologies or ISTQB test methods • 2+ Years of experience in vehicle level testing for Key off load (KOL) or sleep current measurement • 2+ Years of experience in Automotive network management testing experiences ( classic and autosar ) • 2+ Years of experience in plant diagnostics testing experience • 2+ Years of experience in validation support of dSPACE or NI HIL simulators • 2+ Years of experience in dSPACE control and automation desk software. • 2+ Years of experience test automation and scripting development • 2+ Years of experience in distributed feature testing experience • Valid Drivers license required.
• Understanding of GPDS deliverables and basic engineering tools (AVBOM/ Bill of Material / AIMS / 5Ds / FEDE / Engineering Sign Off / DFMEA / Six Sigma/WORQ/JIRA) desired. • Vehicle Program launch experience is desirable
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software or equivalent
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -082023-120416