G-TECH Services, Inc. Installation Technician in Southfield, Michigan
Oversee and participate in site activity with the goal of successfully installing and commissioning automated spray equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Liaising between the customer, contractors, and staff
• Overseeing and report on the daily activity of a given project
• Advising department managers of site requirements regarding personnel
• Overseeing and orchestrating the activity of the contractor individuals assigned to their specific site.
• Directing contactor operations and on site activity
• Ensuring the site is adequately staffing and working toward a schedule
• Commission and document all automation equipment as required
• When required provide customer training on installed equipment
• Provide equipment modular build support as required
• Repair automation equipment if malfunctioning
• Conduct equipment start-up and debug for client and non-client products
• Verify hardwired installation
• Assist with the debugging of controls hardware and software
• Record baseline data for areas of responsibility
• Mark up drawing changes
• Work as part of a team on major projects or individually on smaller projects
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Associate Degree (Electrical or Mechanical) preferred
• Two or more years of position related preferred; formal education will be considered in lieu of
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
• Able to communicate well with customers and colleagues
• Strong electrical background
• Familiarity with pneumatic circuitry
• Familiarity with the design and installation of paint circulation systems
• Familiarity with the design and installation of sealer systems
• Familiarity with structural support requirements
• Familiarity with the user of a theodolite for robot leveraging
• Able to read and interpret AutoCAD drawings
• Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus
• Good time management, organizational, verbal communication, and technical writing skills
• Able to work well independently and in a team environment
• Able to technically define problems and propose solutions
• Adaptable to change in a learning environment
• Able to work overtime and extended hours when required
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as this position requires extensive travel (95%)
• Must complete “MUST” safety training courses and remain current
• Pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass a drug test at any time during employment.
• Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to:
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Climb ladders or stairs
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Operate a forklift/machinery and misc. machinery for all
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. Frequent evening and weekend work are required. May be required to work holidays. Overtime may be required.
This position requires frequent travel, more than 95%. Most of the travel can be both overnight, but may occasionally occur during the business day, and can be both local and international.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Req ID JN -052021-115901