G-TECH Services, Inc. Software Quality Assurance Analyst (QA) in Southfield, Michigan
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (QA)
Direct hire opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join the team in a SDET role. Ideal candidate will have a keen analytical mindset and the ability to jump in to our on-going projects and come up to speed quickly. The candidate will be focused on functional and integration testing using both manual and automated testing techniques throughout the Software Development Life-cycle (SDLC). This person will be motivated to work with business analysts and developers to ensure all requirement related deliverables are clearly understood and necessary testing is completed to ensure such requirements were met.
• Review internal processes, procedures, methodologies, standards and work with IT management to ensure processes are repeatable and efficient
• Willingness and aptitude for working with various new infrastructure technologies as needs arise.
• Review existing company technical documentation to ensure consistent professional results that can be utilized by other team members. Document application behaviors, results and issues where lacking.
• Determine how to best test for new product and system features (manual and automated), as well as automation for regression tests. This includes UI testing and API testing
• Design, implement and execute test plans and test cases in accordance with best practices and techniques and prepare test results for various test methods including black box, white box, stress/load, data integrity, security and automation
• Track testing status and results and provide data reporting on defect/bugs, automation efficiencies and other significant indicators
• Collaborate with the team to translate business requirements and functional specifications into test plans, test scripts and drive for high quality software practices
• Collaborate across teams and departments to lead other QA in best practices for automation throughout our software development life-cycle that improves overall software reliability while minimizing overhead on development efforts
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 6 years working in Quality Assurance and Software Development with experience in manual testing as well as automated testing of web applications and web services.
• Experience reading and comprehending .NET, JAVA, or other transferable object oriented languages
• Experience reading and writing SQL queries
• SoapUI to test back-end distributed applications, experience strongly preferred
• Experience in test plan and test case creation preferred
• Experience in software development life-cycle including defect resolution process strongly preferred
• Testing software technologies and standards such as SOAP and REST based web services, experience strongly preferred
• Experience with SeleniumIDE/WebDriver to test front-end web based applications strongly preferred
• Strong testing skills, proven by a track record of success
• Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications in to test cases
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.
# of Openings 1
Recruiter Nikki Sakaria
Category Information Technology (IT)
Recruiter Email email@example.com
Job Location US-MI-Southfield