G-TECH Services, Inc. Industrial Engineer - Intermediate in Sterling Heights, Michigan
· The Industrial Engineer - Intermediate plans and oversees layout of equipment, office and production facilities.
· Develops work assignments based on a predetermined time standard.
· Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization.
· Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
· Ability to take on and own leadership roles in executing the launch plan. Provides mentoring and direction to less experienced team members.
· Perform cycle time and bottleneck analyses.
· Develop and improve work methods.
· Work with functional managers and operation managers to improve productivity, quality, and throughput. Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) especially for WO (Workplace Organization) and LO (Logistic) pillars.
· Support IE Manager in various IE and WCM related assignments and projects.
· Perform manpower planning/leveling/adjustments per Assembly Plants' Volume Adjustments.
· Perform Direct Labor, Indirect Labor, and Ergonomic Studies.
· Interact with production management and union leadership on a daily basis on all matters relating to staffing requirements and IE activities.
· Candidate needs to be self-motivated and goal driven.
· May be required to operate a company vehicle. Valid driver’s license required along with a clean driving record.
· Must be able to start within 2 weeks of accepting an offer.
· This position requires current, continuous IE experience in Automotive. Internships not to be included in the 3-5 years of experience.
· Bachelor Degree - Industrial Engineering
· 3-5 years of IE experience in an auto assembly environment performing line balancing
· 1+ years of experience with BIW
· 1+ years Automotive Assembly Process experience
· 1+ years of experience using a predetermined time standard (MODAPTS, most, mtm-uas, etc)
· MS Office Suite and Google Suite
· Proficient or Certified in MODAPTS
· Experience with new model launch or line speed changes
· 1+ Leadership experience
Req ID JN -102019-112730