G-TECH Services, Inc. Production Supervisor - Intermediate - JLL101 in Sterling Heights, Michigan
The Production Supervisor - Intermediate is responsible for managing small work teams in a fast paced, high volume, unionized manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Ensure the production plan is met, analyzes issues with other roles, drives and implements continuous improvement activities and sustainability of solutions inside the Zone.
· Ensure a safe workplace, leads the Team to improve Safety in the area and enforces the use of mandated Safety tools and procedures.
· Understand losses during the Shift, use the C-Matrix to coordinate World Class Manufacturing activities and improve Zone performances.
· Proactively analyzes quality KPIs related to the Zone, prioritizes quality issues and properly guides Team Leaders.
· Ensure the right allocation of the people on the line, manages absenteeism, trains and builds teams.
· Possess knowledge of the broader manufacturing organization and have the ability to mobilize support groups and resources to lead and assist in problem solving activities.
· Actively participate and lead Kaizen project activities centered on Safety, Cost, Quality and Throughput improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Ability to work any shift and overtime as required.
· Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required.
· Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Goal oriented self-starter with ability to lead teams.
· Ability to coach/mentor/develop team members.
· Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
· 3 years of manufacturing experience required.
· 2 or more years of experience in supervision in a high volume environment.
· Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members.
· Previous experience working in a union environment.
· Experience in continuous improvement systems and lean manufacturing.
· Good working knowledge of Google Suite software programs.
Req ID JN -082020-114521