G-TECH Services, Inc. Quality Engineer in Sterling Heights, Michigan
· Perform root cause analysis of quality issues, often using advanced problem solving tools (like Kepner Tregoe, Shainin Red X, Design of Experiments).
· Recommend and implement simple cost-effective permanent corrective actions.
· Analyze quality data from internal and external indicators to ensure correlation.
· Manage engineering changes, working with cross-functional team to ensure timely execution.
· Conduct product evaluation requests to ensure robustness of product or process change before full implementation.
· Work with Engineering and Suppliers to resolve issues that are not plant controllable.
· Recommend and validate rework procedures.
· Develop inspection procedures and best methods for performing inspection.
· Develop projects to support World Class Manufacturing.
The position is required to support the Quality Program lead engineer in tracking issues and clean points with the plant and holding the plant responsible for providing corrective actions and solving issues discovered during the Quality Program process. Duties include but limited to:
· Implement and release Quality Holds in the Broadcast system
· Keep inventory of all Presigi vehicles on hold
· Assist Roush coordinators in correct recording of the issues
· Assist in prioritizing issues found that are to be reported by the Quality Engineering Group at the Daily Meeting
· Meet with and support plant and engineering personnel to discuss, root cause and implement corrective actions for issues found by Presigi drivers
· Alert Engineering and Plant personnel on issues and status
· Train Drivers on the vehicle features and components
· Create and disseminate daily and weekly reports on the issues identified and their resolution / containment status
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering (will consider hands on College student pursuing Engineering Degree for this 3 month project)
· Previous Assembly Plant / Quality Audit experience preferred
· Previous Management and Supplier Interface experience
· Application of problem solving tools / root cause analysis
· MS Office proficiency
· Able to independently interact to resolve quality issues
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and presentation skills
· Will be required to drive company vehicles - valid drivers license & clean driving record required
· May be required to travel - domestic & international (0-20)
Req ID JN -092019-112406