G-TECH Services, Inc. Professional Maintenance Specialist - LV567 in Toledo, Ohio
The Professional Maintenance Specialist (PMS) will be responsible for managing designated manufacturing equipment and technology in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will coordinate safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale initiatives related to their designated equipment and/or technology. The PMS will ensure maintenance procedures and processes are well defined, understood and practiced by the skilled trades. The Professional Maintenance Specialist must possess a high level of technical understanding of their specific technology, including operations, component life cycles, and activities required to maintain basic conditions. Provide coaching and mentoring to team members (both hourly and supervisory) regarding World Class Manufacturing techniques for problem solving and corrective action implementation. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Create Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMPs) related to time based maintenance (TBM), mean time between failure (MTBF) of components and equipment in their assigned technology or area, as well as the requirements to return equipment to basic conditions and/or maintain the basic conditions of their equipment/technology.
· Work with
members of the Skilled Trades staff to ensure that the PMS's designated
equipment/technology is maintained at basic conditions and to guide / coach the
Skilled Trades staff on actions to restore the equipment/technology to basic
the established Standard Maintenance Procedures enable the achievement of KPIs
(MTBF, MTTR, and OEE).
throughput, run to run, and downtime related issues with equipment in a
activities per World Class Manufacturing (WCM) standards (particularly the
Autonomous and Professional Maintenance Pillar activities).
the overall equipment effectiveness, through a systematic approach of planning
and executing key maintenance enablers and coordinating all activities
utilizing the CMMS - Total Maintenance System (TMS).
participate and lead kaizen project activities centered on Safety, Cost,
Quality and Throughput improvements and waste reduction opportunities
identified through cost deployment.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Minimum of 3 years of industrial automation experience with project management experience.
· Ability to work any shift and overtime as required.
· Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required.
· Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated troubleshooting problem solving experience.
· Goal oriented self-starter with ability to lead team.
· Ability to coach/mentor/develop skilled trade employees• Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Bachelor’s degree in technical/engineering field.
· Experience in continuous improvement systems and lean manufacturing.
· Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members.
· Previous experience working in a union environment.
· Green Belt/ Red X/ Six Sigma Training.
· Experience with: controls, robotics, drives and system level communication systems, sealing systems, glass cell systems, various conveyance systems, welding - all types, paint process and associated systems, vision systems and sensors use and application
· Experience in automotive / OEM body, paint, stamping press automation or general assembly.
· Familiar with World Class Manufacturing pillar methodology and implementation
· Good working knowledge of Google Suite software programs.
Req ID JN -082020-114526