G-TECH Services, Inc. Automotive Electrical Technician in Warren, Michigan
Electrical Technician provides electrical build and programming support for vehicle properties that are typically in the early phases of the advanced development process. The type of work includes but not limited to: Build, integration, and servicing of newly designed vehicle architectures. Modification of production and prototype body, powertrain, and chassis control systems. Design build and integration of special control circuit’s modules and controllers for advanced vehicle innovation projects. New sub-system installations, for new technologies. Troubleshooting electrical issues for Engineering Development Vehicles.
• Completes assignments according to work requests, on-time, with highest quality.
• Applies harness assembly, routing best practices
• Adheres to all safety standards.
• Actively participates in GMS initiatives as required.
• Creates accurate, complete documentation associated with task execution.
• Perform physical tasks common to the position.
• Maintains WPO excellence.
• Associate's degree in an electrical field, or job experience in relevant discipline will be considered.
• 4+ years’ experience in a job-related area.
• Strong understanding of electrical principals
• Capable of diagnosing DTC’s using MDI(2) with GDS2 and NEO-VI with V-Spy
• Capable of flashing software using MDI(2)with GDS2 and DPS tools
• Ability to read vehicle electrical schematics
• Knowledge of various automotive connectors, terminals, locks used by GM
• Knowledge of Harness layout and build designs
• Knowledge of the overall vehicle electrical functionality and power distribution
• Knowledge or ability to use the MDI system and/or NEOVI Fire 2 system
• Strong Automotive Electrical & Electronic (tear down and assembly skills)
• Soldering skills (board level, connectors, and harness)
• Fabrication of high voltage cables and connections
• Experience with Powertrain Electronics
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills e.g., MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint, Outlook
Req ID JN -062021-115970