G-TECH Services, Inc. Controls Project Manager - JLL101 in Warren, Michigan
The Controls Project Manager is responsible for ensuring a successful launch of new programs and kitted systems with regards to Controls and Robotics found within the Manufacturing Engineering (ME) environment. Participation and support in the development and implementation of Manufacturing Engineering Controls and Robotics (MECR) standards and specifications during the design through the launch phase of new products are fundamental to this position. The scope of this team will span the core functions of MECR in Paint, Body and General Assembly. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Development and delivery of their team’s applications, while leading the way on shaping the culture and craft of their respective team.
· Conducting regular team meetings to review progress and identify potential obstacles, monitoring projects to meet their technical and business objectives, review of lessons learned, solutions to current and past issues, tracking and updating action registers and coordinating work schedules.
· Expected to continuously work towards the development of advanced training and standard processes.
· Lead the execution, deployment and integration of the following disciplines, to include all hardware and software, but not limited to Control Devices, Network Architecture, Robotics, Communication Systems, Center Information Boards (CIB), MECR/ICT Joint Systems, Auxiliary equipment: Light screens, Perimeter Laser Scanners (PLS), Photo Eyes, RFID, Autonomous Guided Vehicle (AGV), Autonomous Guided Cart (AGC), Other auxiliary equipment, as required.
· Ensuring that build and process is following corporate standards. Leading/Supporting Controls Coordinators, Launch Engineers, Simulation Specialists, Robot Specialists and Automation Specialists in this task. Represent MECR on the project Controls Committee and/or subcommittees
· Support corporate process at plant on controls and robot projects; Through-put improvements; Cycle time improvements; Downtime resolution; Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) reduction; Provide any MECR related reports
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of Manufacturing, Engineering and Information Technology with an emphasis on Strategic Planning, IT Applications and Plant Floor Operations.
• Strong and proficient understanding of Computer Programming Skills (SQL, HTML, JAVA).
• Innovative thinker with excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Problem solving skills specific to Information Technology, network management and system designs.
• Experience supervising or leading a team of developers and engineers.
• Excellent presentation skills, both written and oral.
• Proficient with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office Suite software programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Access, Outlook and SQL)
• Master’s Degree, MBA Preferred.
• Experience with Information Technology Systems.
• Understanding of PLC Programing.
• Understanding of HMI Development; WinCC and Factory Talk View.
• Manufacturing automotive process engineering knowledge.
Category Project Management
Function Information Technology
Req ID JN -082020-114513