G-TECH Services, Inc. Engineering Project Manager - Gear Manufacturing in Warren, Michigan
· Developing statement of requirements and filling in specifics for particular program
· Global sourcing from generation to tell purchasing what is needed: Purchasing sends it out and there’s a technical review of quote responses.
· Supplier selection and management
· Ensure that design meets specification on paper prior to build
· Tracking program through build cycle and ensure equipment is delivered timely
· Populating checklists to ensure everything is included
· Running parts to ensure quality
Responsible for supporting activities that may include:
· Project management for large (or large portions of) programs or projects. Responsible for project timing and milestones. OR manages variants of technologies through development and across multiple implementations
· Manufacturing process definition
· Sequence of operations
· Human factors consideration
· Efficient material flow
· Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality parts
· Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources.
· Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology.
· Work may involve providing technical direction to and coordination of less experienced process engineers.
· College degree with major in engineering or equivalent training/experience
· Gear & manufacturing experience & machining experience
· Program management skills
· Interpersonal skills—building relationships
· Ability to work through issues
· Technical knowledge and ability in general process engineering disciplines
· Knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
· Demonstrated proficient level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
· Demonstrated initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
· Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
· General knowledge and understanding of gear processing
· Demonstrated understanding of plant floor and product design manufacturability
· Global Exposure working with others from other regions to complete projects
Category Program Management
Req ID JN -042021-115625