G-TECH Services, Inc. Future Program Industrial Engineer in Warren, Michigan
• Work as a part of a small team of industrial engineers and take day-to-day direction from the project lead
• Assignments are delegated by the project lead
• Teamcenter—looking at math data of future vehicles and trying to discern labor requirements for assembly based off data
• Thorough review and analysis of data
• Do business cases on various alternatives proposed—asked to review scenarios and compare while giving estimated labor costs
• Math reviews and IE studies
Provide Industrial Engineering Support for North American Future Vehicle Programs:
a. Develop Base Engineered Content (BEC or Value Added) Status, Headcount & Hours per Vehicle Estimates (includes generation & tracking of ideas for improving).
b. Evaluate Program Content Sheets & compile data to support a collaborative BEC target setting process.
c. Perform Labor Studies for various what-if scenarios being studied (make vs buy, design alternatives, etc).
d. Provide input into each Center's Plant Layout development (influence lean layouts).
e. Participate in BEC Reduction & Design for Assembly Workshop Processes
Top Required Skills
• Vehicle assembly IE experience (using Standard Time data)
• Computer skills (Teamcenter, Excel)
• IE education is foundational
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment ideally a vehicle assembly manufacturing plant
• Strong collaboration and communication skills (written & oral) are critical
• Former GM IE experience would be good to note and likely a bonus
• Direct labor focused and less on the material handling side of things—material handling is not needed
*Maintain a high level of customer responsiveness related to study completion & data reporting requirements. On time with quality.
*Work effectively with both globally & organizationally diverse teams (e.g. Manufacturing & Product Engineering, Finance, Labor & Manufacturing Operations etc.).
*Be able to "Think Outside of the Box" to develop solutions to complex problems that are often bounded by limited information and definit
Req ID JN -092021-116449