G-TECH Services, Inc. Material Area Supervisor in Warren, Michigan
The Material Area Supervisor is responsible for leading hourly teams that unload, store, and deliver material to support production in an automotive manufacturing assembly plant. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Lead the safety, delivery, cost, quality, and morale of hourly work teams.
• Develop team leaders to meet corporate guidelines and transform existing material delivery processes to increase productivity and reduce manufacturing costs utilizing the World Class Manufacturing process.
• Ensure inventory and record integrity and maintain a positive working relationship with both management and union represented employee.
• Manage multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment.
• Responsible for coordinating daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes as it related to material flow.
• Required to oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of Team Leaders and Team Members and practice Leadership Principles.
:• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment/ machinery.
• Strong math skills and problem solving ability
• Better than average understanding of Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work well with a team while also working independently.
• Detail oriented and strong ability to organize and prioritize.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Great team player, hard worker, self-starter with good work ethic.
• Previous experience working with the automotive industry in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with a logistics warehouse environment
• Previous management experience.
Req ID JN -032023-119780
facebooklinkedinConnect with us on social media.