G-TECH Services, Inc. Material Area Supervisor in Warren, Michigan
· The Material Area Supervisor is responsible for leading hourly teams that unload, store, and deliver material to support production in an automotive manufacturing assembly plant.
· Lead the safety, delivery, cost, quality, and morale of hourly work teams.
· Develop team leaders to meet corporate guidelines and transform existing material delivery processes to increase productivity and reduce manufacturing costs utilizing the World Class Manufacturing process. Ensure inventory and record integrity and maintain a positive working relationship with both management and union represented employee
· Manage multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment. Responsible for coordinating daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes as it related to material flow.
· Required to oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of Team Leaders and Team Members and practice Leadership Principles.
· May be required to operate a company vehicle. Valid driver's license required along with a clean driving record.
· -Bachelor's degree required.
· -Excellent organizational, written and oral communication.
· -Excellent interpersonal skills
· -Previous related supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
· -Previous experience working in a union environment.
· -Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems.
· -Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Req ID JN -082019-112347