G-TECH Services, Inc. Technical Author (Automotive Service Information) in Warren, Michigan
MSID Technical Service Information AuthorJob Description
• Develop and author mechanical service information procedures and related technical content for the following commodities: Chassis, HVAC, Powertrain, Body, Interior, and Exterior.
• Edit existing mechanical service information content as required
• Utilize Teamcenter and Vis Mockup to create graphics from math data.
• Utilize Arbortext to develop the text of the procedures, while creating and using text strings when applicable.
• Manage publication content by section, subsection and information type
• Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
• Proficient with use of MS Excel, MS Word, and Arbortext.
• Knowledge using CAD visualization techniques, with Teamcenter and Vis Mockup preferred
• Illustration and graphics development skills preferred
• Technical writing background is preferred
• Dealership experience as a technician preferred
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to clearly communicate complex subject matter
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Ability to work in a production-based environment with adherence to delivery schedule timing.
• Must have Arbortext experience
• CAD Experience Preferred
• Strong Mechanical Background Preferred
• Create Mechanical Service Information
• Analyze MSID Deliverable Schedule
• Analyze Vehicle Publication PTOC
• Analyze Vehicle Parts List
• Analyze and Manipulate 3D Vehicle to remove parts and create procedure steps
• Update Mechanical Service Information Documents and Graphics
Req ID JN -112020-114887