G-TECH Services, Inc. Supplier Quality Engineer in Work from Home, Michigan
Work involves functioning as technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve quality issues, implement and monitor advanced quality planning and provide technical support. Applies diversified knowledge of quality engineering principles and practices to produce and or coordinate the solutions to complex problems. Considerable creativity and initiative is required. Independent judgment is normally required with some direction from the supervisor. May exercise some technical direction over others.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible to:
• Assure supplier understanding and compliance with APQP processes and product PPAP submission and part approval requirements.
• Review and approve supplier manufacturing, tooling, processes, quality systems and plans.
• Implement and monitor supplier part qualification and certification processes.
• Monitor & reduce backorders related to supplier quality.
• Determine root cause of supplier manufacturing problems and implement timely, effective, and efficient quality resolutions.
• Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting onsite workshops or audits at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing robust manufacturing and quality systems, or other technical support as required.
• Provide technical assistance during supplier launch, change-over and ongoing production activities.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of e xperience in quality, manufacturing, or product engineering.
• Proficient in print reading and interpretation, part measurement, gage design and function.
• Demonstrated knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T). nice to have
• Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, tooling, equipment and facilities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of probability, statistical quality control and design of experiments.
• Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and lead diverse cross functional teams simultaneously.
• Effective communicator with solid oral and written presentation skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
• Competent or ability to learn MS Office Suite - Skype, OneNote, Teams, and SharePoint.
Additional Basic Required Qualifications
Technical and Quality Certifications are a plus
Master’s degree in Business or Engineering is a plus
Req ID JN -052022-117874